How to fix “Unable to load language resource file” error in Windows Media Center/MCE when using DVBlogic:
Most likely your server.ini file is corrupt. Solution:
- Go to c:\ProgramData\DVBLogic\DVBLink2\
Note: “ProgramData” not “Program Files”
- Open the file server.ini
- The base_port setting is probably set to 0 (wrong) and the <addin_language_path> and <language> tags are wrong (not set).
- Use this as a template (XXXX should be your specific server_id):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <server_settings> <address>localhost</address> <base_port>39876</base_port> <server_id>XXXX</server_id> <addin_language_path>Language</addin_language_path> <language>en.xml</language> </server_settings>
- Click the Windows button -> Administrative Tools -> Services
- Restart DVBLink Server
- Done and it should now work!
- Try to start the DVBLink Server Configuration which should now start without problem
Hopefully you are now rid of the “Unable to load language resource file” message when you start Windows Media Center.
worked for me, thanks a lot!